Swap out a traditional tortilla for a Flatout wrap when making tacos. This will not only add flavor but it also reduces the amount of carbs and calories. This taco recipe works for a variety of proteins.
- 2 Flatout flatbread, Light Original
- 14 ounce filet of tuna, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked Chile powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 5 sprays non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup canned drained black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 Haas avocado, sliced and cubed
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage
Cut each flatbread in half to make the soft taco shells. Lightly dust the tuna with smoked chile powder and a squeeze of lime. In a non-stick pan treated with 5 sprays of cooking spray, cook the tuna filet on medium high heat, turning to cook all sides of the fish, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. In a small pot, re-heat the black beans in a small amount of water. Add the cumin, and stir until the beans are hot and the spices blended.
To build the tacos, slice the tuna on the bias into thin slices. Fill each soft flatbread shell with tuna, black beans, pico de gallo, an avocado slice, cabbage, and a squeeze of lime.
Rate and Review