Grab some Flatout Flatbread Light Original wraps and some basic ingredients, and get ready to invite your best amigos over for a healthy taquito party in honor of Cinco de Mayo! No one gets left out, because you can roll up the fillings to order, and whip up platters of these tasty, easy to eat party treats in a snap. Flatout bakes into a crispy, delicious shell around whatever goodness you fill them with. Just make sure you have lots of fun things for dipping, and, because it’s a party, maybe a pitcher of margaritas for your friends!
Our video uses even more ingredients to show you just how versatile these little beauties can be.
Taquito Party Platter
- 1 package of Flatout Light Original
- 6 ounces skinless chicken breast
- 6 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 3 ounces pork tenderloin
- 3 ounces pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- Optional dips/garnishes: salsa, light sour cream, guacamole, cilantro
Cook and shred chicken; mix with Sriracha. Cook beef, and mix with taco seasoning. Cook both types of pork, shred, and mix with salsa verde.
Place the Flatout on your work surface horizontally so its rounded ends are on the sides. Brush a 1-2” strip of egg wash down the middle of the flatbread, vertically. Cut flatbread in half, running the blade of your knife vertically through the egg wash strip. Now you can place your filling combinations onto the center of each side of the flatbread, then roll up each side, beginning with the rounded ends, towards the egg wash. Press egg wash side firmly to seal, and place them in the pan, one after the other. Secure with toothpicks, if needed. Brush with remaining 1/4 cup egg whites/substitute, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.