We make this tasty baked snack mix on a regular basis, using chickpeas, herbs, spices, a hint of parmesan cheese, and ProteinUp flatbread for a midday nosh.
Make Extra! Double the recipe to prep extra snacks for the week. Just make sure to store in an airtight container. Thanks, Amy!
Savory Snack Mix
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints® value per serving: 4
- Serving size: ¾ cup
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 15.5-ounce can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Flatout ProteinUp Carb Down flatbread
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil), sliced
1.Preheat oven to 425° F.
2.Place paper towels on a nonstick cookie sheet; spread chickpeas on towels,and allow to dry for 1 hour.
3.Remove towels from cookie sheet; dry sheet and coat with cooking spray. 4.Spread chickpeas evenly on tray, and bake until crunchy, about 40-45 minutes; toss every 10 minutes.
5.Place chickpeas in medium bowl; coat with cooking spray, and toss with Italian seasoning. Set aside. Lower oven to 375° F.
6.Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Using kitchen scissors, cut flatbread into small pieces and place on sheet. Coat with cooking spray, and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until crispy, about 5-7 minutes.
7.Remove from oven, and combine with roasted chickpeas and sundried tomato pieces.