Tampa, how can you let your very own Cigar City be the inspiration for your creative canvas? How about an open faced flatbread pizza with all the flavors of a Cuban sandwich, topped with crispy plantains? Is your mouth watering yet? It will be once you take these out of the oven. Roasted pork, ham, salami, melted provolone, and the king of condiments, yellow mustard…this flatbread needs to be made on a hot night with some cool Floridaweisse off to the side.
Tampa, we love your city! And because we can’t get enough of your delicious Cuban sandwiches, we made a flatbread just for you. Crispy, salty, cheesy, it hits all the right notes. Our recipe and tons of other noteworthy flatbread ideas can be found here:
Tampa: Cuban Open-Faced Flatbread Pizza
- 1 Flatout Artisan Thin Crust flatbread
- 2 slices deli ham, cut into strips
- 2 slices roasted pork roast, sliced thin, cut into strips
- 2-4 slices of thin sliced salami, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss or provolone cheese
- 6-8 dill pickle chips
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard, to be squirted on top
- Crispy plaintains, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place flatbread on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F for two minutes. Remove flatbread from oven. Scatter cheese onto flatbread, then arrange meats on top of the cheese, and finally pickle chips. Bake for four minutes. Remove from oven and top with yellow mustard and scatter the plantains over the flatbread. Cut into slices and serve.