This flatbread is a fig lover’s dream come true. And a cheese lover. And, well, a bacon lover! Brought to you by the very talented Enriqueta Lemoine and her blog Savoir Faire by enrilemoine, this flatbread hits so many high notes that your tastebuds will be singing all day. Thanks, Enriqueta!
By: Enriqueta Lemoine, Savoir Faire by enrilemoine
Flatbread Pizza with Figs and Gorgonzola
- 1 Flatout Flatbread Artisan Pizza Crust, Rustic Thin White
- 3 tablespoons fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 dried figs cut into slabs
- 3 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese (diced or crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons bacon, cut into julienne strips and cooked until golden-brown
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar reduction
- 2 fresh basil leaves, julienned
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place pizza crust on tray and spread goat cheese gently on top.
3. Arrange the slices of figs and the Gorgonzola cheese on a single layer over the cheese.
4. Evenly sprinkle bacon over the flatbread.
5. Bake for 5-6 minutes, until bread is toasted and the Gorgonzola has melted.
6. Drizzle with a few drops of olive oil and balsamic vinegar reduction.
7. Scatter the fresh basil over the flatbread, and serve.
Suggested Flatout: Thin Pizza Crust - Rustic White
Rate and Review