Tropical paradise in under 15 minutes, with these delicious chicken BBQ tacos using Flatout flatbread to keep it light. Recipe courtesy of Hungry Girl. Sign up for the free daily emails at hungry-girl.com
Tropical BBQ Chicken Tacos
- 1 Flatout Hungry Girl Exclusive 100% Whole Wheat with Flax Foldit Flatbread
- 3 tablespoons bagged cole slaw mix
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple packed in juice (not drained)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- One 3 ounce raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon BBQ sauce with about 45 calories per 2-tablespoon serving
In a small bowl, combine cole slaw mix, pineapple (and its juice), onion, cilantro, and vinegar. Mix well.
Pound chicken to an even thickness. Season with garlic powder and onion powder. Bring a grill pan (or skillet) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
Chop chicken, and place in a medium bowl. Add BBQ sauce, and stir to coat.
Cut flatbread in half to make two round pieces. On a microwave-safe plate, microwave for 10 seconds, or until warm.
Divide slaw mixture between flatbread pieces, and top with chicken mixture. Fold and chew!
Entire recipe (2 tacos): 255 calories, 5g total fat (0.5g sat fat), 730mg sodium, 30g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 11.5g sugars, 26.5g protein