Super talented blogger, cook, and curler David Dial shares one of his favorite flatbread recipes with us, using roasted spiced sweet potato as the star of the flatbread show. He’s a really active guy with a ton of great recipes to share. Flatout recently asked David a bunch of questions about his favorite winter pastime, curling.
Read about his adventures on his own blog, Spiced. Thanks, David, for this beautiful veggie packed recipe!
Southwest Veggie Wrap
- For the Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (~1 large sweet potato)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Southwest Sauce
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- For the Wraps
- 5 Flatout flatbreads
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 (15-ounces) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
For the Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel the sweet potato(es) and cut into 1” cubes. Using a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Transfer sweet potatoes to a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 18-22 minutes, or until fork tender but not overcooked. Set pan aside to cool.
For the Southwest Sauce
- Using a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
For the Wraps
- Spread 2-3 Tbsp of Southwest Sauce over half of each flatbread. Top each flatbread with spinach.
- Divide sweet potatoes among flatbreads and then top each with black beans, red onion, cilantro and avocado.
- Roll up flatbreads; cut in half before serving.