This recipe is brought to you by a very talented Venezuelan cook, mother, and blogger, Oriana Romero. Her blog, Mommyhood’s Diary is about raising a family, cooking, living in Washington D.C, and it also features loads of amazing recipes from her native Venezuela. These shrimp bruschetta are high on our list of flatbread favorites, because really, what’s not to love about shrimp and avocados? We hope you will #Flatoutlove this too! Thanks, Oriana!
Developed by: Oriana Romero
Mommyhood’s Diary: http://mommyhoodsdiary.com
Mexican Crispy Shrimp Bruschetta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 garlic glove, minced
- 1 Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crust (I used Italian Spicy)
- 4 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup fresh salsa, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Mix in a small bowl 1 tablespoon olive oil with the minced garlic.
- Cut the Flatout pizza crust into 4 equal pieces. Arrange the pizza crust pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet and brush them with olive oil and garlic mixture. Bake until light golden, about 2 -3 minutes. Let them cool.
- Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the shrimp for just 2- 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Set aside.
- To assemble: spread guacamole over the pizza crust pieces and top with fresh salsa and 1 shrimp.
Garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve.