Kathy Cano-Murillo of the blog Crafty Chica loves to entertain, and makes it easy by baking up some flatbread and assembling these easy and addictive bruschetta using Mexican flavors. Ceviche, chorizo, fresh fruit, you can mix and match to your heart’s content, which makes it fun, and, as always, creative. Exactly what Flatout is all about! Thanks, Kathy!
Mexi-Style Flatbread Bruschetta
- By Kathy Cano-Murillo, Crafty Chica
- 1 Flatout Flatbread, (we used Light Original)
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Your choice of topping combination:
- ½ cup grilled chicken or beef, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup chorizo, cooked
- 1/4 cup avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/3 cup ready made ceviche
- 1/3 cup fresh fruit (such as cantaloupe and strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons Mexican crema
- ½ teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 large lime
Preheat oven 350°F. Place flat breads on a cutting board. Lightly brush olive oil on one side of flatbread, then brush with garlic. Slice into 2-inch pieces and transfer on to a baking sheet. Bake for 3 minutes, remove from oven and carefully turn each flatbread slice over and lightly sprinkle with salt. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Arrange toppings on small containers on a serving platter. Top each flatbread piece with your choice of topping variety. Drizzle with crema, chili powder and a squeeze of lime juice.