Enriqueta Lemoine of the blog Savoir Faire makes these traditional steak sandwiches on a grill pan with great success! The flatbread tasted great when grilled too. Make this for the steak and pepper lover in your life, and you’ll make someone very happy. Thanks, Enriqueta!
Lomo Salteado Sandwich
- By Enriqueta Lemoine, Savoir Faire
- Makes 1 serving
- Time: 12 min
- Ingredients for steak
- 1 tenderloin steak, cut in strips
- ½ cup onion, julienned
- ¼ cup of red bell pepper, julienned
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Ingredients for sandwich
- 1 piece Flatout Foldit Artisan Bread, 5 Grain Flax
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Mexican crema
- fresh cilantro leaves
1. Place a few drops of olive oil on a grilling pan over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add meat, salt and pepper to taste, and stir. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure meat is well-cooked while the onions and red bell pepper are crunchy.
3. Spoon steak to one side of the grill pan making room to grill the bread next to it. Leave on the pan until the bread toasts and has grill marks.
4. Place lettuce and meat on bread. Top with a dollop of the Mexican crema and cilantro leaves.
5. Fold flatbread, and serve immediately.