Sizzling strips of steak, onions, peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro, all served up tucked inside a hot flatbread? Yes, please! Erica Dinho of My Colombian Recipes takes street food to a new level with this steak sandwich that will win big points with your carnivores. Add some fries, some cold cervezas, and you got one heck of a good night. Stay in and cook with Flatout! Thanks, Erica!
Lomo Saltado Sandwich
- By Erica Dinho, My Colombian Recipes
- Yields 1 serving
- 1 Flatout Foldit flatbread
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb of sirloin steak, cut into pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut in thick pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tomato, cut in thick pieces
- 1 seeded yellow pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Place a skillet over very high heat. Add the oil and cook the beef until golden, stirring often for about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, onion, tomato, pepper, and stir for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce and vinegar and stir again. Season with salt and pepper. Add the fresh cilantro.
- Assemble: Place the lettuce and Lomo Saltado filling on the Flatout Foldit® Artisan Flatbread. Cover with the top half of the bread and serve with lettuce.
Suggested Flatout: Foldit® - Traditional White