Kate Ramos of ¡Hola! Jalapeño cooks up a sweet and spicy flatbread pizza on the grill that’s the perfect blend of delicious. Smoky chipotles, honey, and tender chicken fresh off the grill…who could ask for a better flatbread recipe? Thanks, Kate!
Honey Chipotle Grilled Chicken Pizza
- By: Kate Ramos, ¡Hola! Jalapeño
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 3 Rustic White Artisan Thin Pizza Crusts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle en adobo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 14 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces grated sharp white Cheddar cheese
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Combine garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chipotle, honey, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Rub chicken breasts all over with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken breasts on the grill until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove and shred chicken with two forks. Toss shredded chicken with 2 tablespoons of the chipotle mixture.
- Lightly brush crusts with remaining teaspoon of oil on both sides. Divide remaining chipotle mixture between the flatbreads and spread in a thin layer. Top with chicken, bell pepper, and cheese.
- Carefully transfer flatbreads to the grill and cook until crusts are golden and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Watch carefully and move around as needed to prevent crusts from burning.
- Enjoy with a green salad tossed with cherry tomatoes, scallions, and sliced avocado.