Mouths are drooling over this recipe by the talented Vanessa Mota of Smart Little Cookie, using our flatbread as the perfect quesadilla, if we do say so ourselves. Take our word for it: red onions and scallions take this quesadilla from fabulous to over the top! Thanks, Vanessa!
Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- By: Vanessa Mota, Smart Little Cookie
- Yield: 1 quesadilla
- 1 Flatout flatbread, the original
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon red onion, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallions, sliced
- ½ cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
Season chicken with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Cook on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. Remove from the grill and let it rest 1-2 minutes. Slice chicken into strips ¼ inch thick.
Lay Flatout flatbread on a chopping board. Spread barbecue sauce over the flatbread evenly. On one side, add chicken, onion, cilantro, scallion and cheese. Fold the other side over it.
Please on the grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until the cheese has melted and the flatbread is slightly crispy.