Flatout Teriyaki Chicken Wraps
- By: Jodie Fitz
- Traditional Flatout flatbreads
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into thin strips
- 10 ounces low sodium teriyaki marinade and sauce (Kikkoman brand)
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, ground
Place the chicken into a gallon sized Ziplock freezer bag.
Mix the teriyaki, pineapple juice, onion, ginger, garlic, onion powder and white pepper together, and pour the marinade over the chicken and seal the bag.
Marinate at least three hours before cooking. Grill or broil the chicken, discarding the marinade.
Create a flatbread wrap using traditional Flatout flatbreads with the chicken, mayonnaise, romaine lettuce, and fresh tomato slices.
Make ahead tip: Freeze the chicken in the marinade and let it thaw for extra flavor. It’s quick to pull out of the freezer during busy weekdays.