A sloppy joe so tidy you can carry it in your pocket? Not really, but you can eat it with your hands, and serve it with side dishes without mingling. A very tasty recipe for a grilled flatbread wrap for your pickiest customers. Everyone loves sloppy joes, and with flatbread they’re good and great for you.
Flatout Not So Sloppy Sloppy Joe Panini Wrap
- Flatout flatbread wraps
- 1 pound ground beef/turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1. In a skillet or pot over medium heat, add ground meat, olive oil, jalapenos, and onion and cook until onions begin to brown and sweat.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except flatbread wraps) and simmer for 30 minutes on low/medium heat.
3. For each flatbread wrap, add 1/2 cup meat sauce and roll up like a burrito, making sure all ends are tucked in.
4. Heat a dry (no oil) grill or skillet and place flatbread wrap with seam side down first on grill. When grill marks are achieved, turn over and heat other side of the flatbread.