Make this sofrito pizza when you have a hungry crowd and you need to feed them, because this recipe is for a group. Brought to you by the talented Marta Darby of My Big Fat Cuban Family who knows what it means to cook for family and does it with as much love as possible. Thank you Marta, for this wonderful pizza recipe using flatbread!
Cuban Sofrito Pizzas
By Marta Darby of My Big Fat Cuban Family
Yield: About 8 slices
Cuban Sofrito Pizza
- 1 package Flatout Flatbread Artisan Thin Pizza Crust
- Olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- a pinch of salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Gouda cheese
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium skillet, sauté garlic, onion, and bell pepper in olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir until onion is translucent, and the bell pepper is soft. Careful not to burn the garlic!
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, white wine, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until well-blended and heated through.
- Spread this sofrito sauce over the Flatout® Thin Pizza Crust.
- Top the pizzas with Gouda, mozzarella, and grated Parmesan cheeses.
- Sprinkle lightly with a little bit of oregano.
- Cook in 350° oven for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted & crust is lightly toasted.