Cinnamon and chile and chocolate perfection, now made even better for you with baked flatbread taquitos that melt in your mouth. Brought to you by Denise Oviedo of the blog addicted 2 recipes, these little darlings taste as good as they look! It may be time to host that book club, or that dessert and movie night, or come up with some reason to make these, and not eat them all yourself. Thanks, Denise!
Cinnamon Taquitos with Mexican Chocolate Fondue
- Developed by: Denise Oviedo, addicted 2 recipes
- Cinnamon Taquitos:
- 4 slices Flatout Original Flatbread
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Mexican Chocolate Fondue:
- 7 ounces Mexican chocolate
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Jumbo marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350° F. Cut each Flatout Flatbread into 3 equal pieces then cut those 3 pieces in half. Spray each side with cooking spray. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix together 2 tablespoons sugar with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on both sides of flatbread pieces. Roll up flatbread tightly and place on the baking sheet with seams down. Place in the oven and bake for 14-16 minutes.
In a medium sauce pan, add chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, butter and milk. Heat over medium heat and stir together until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla, cinnamon and if using, chili powder. Pour chocolate into fondue pot and light tea candle to keep warm.