Talented cook and blogger Erica Dinho shares a recipe inspired by her native Colombia, using a bright chimichurri and chorizo, a spicy sausage, inside a Flatout flatbread for a sandwich that will keep you on your toes. Check out her blog and more at My Colombian Recipes. Thanks, Erica!
By Erica Dinho: My Colombian Recipes
Choripan Foldit Sandwich
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Flatout Foldit®
- 2 small chorizos, cooked
- 2 tomato slices
- 1 avocado, mashed
1. To make the chimichurri sauce: add all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until all combines. Set aside.
2. Assemble: Place lettuce, tomato slice and one cooked chorizo on the Flatout Foldit® Artisan Flatbread. Top with mashed avocado and chimichurri sauce. Cover with the top half of the bread.
Suggested Flatout: Foldit® - Traditional White