A savory flatbread pizza featuring rich turkey sausage, two cheeses, and caramelized sweet onions makes for a completely delicious, over the top weeknight meal, and it’s only 11 Smart Points! We use our Light Original flatbread, a low-fat method of cooking the onions, and sliced turkey sausage to make a pizza that will wow kids and adults alike. Grab some flatbread and get going! Our mouth-watering video shows you how it’s done:
Caramelized Onion, Blue Cheese, and Turkey Sausage Pizza
- Weight Watchers® SmartPoints®: 11 per serving
- 1 Flatout flatbread, we used Light Original
- 1/4 medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced, sautéed until caramelized
- 1/2 cup (about 2.4 oz) cooked turkey sausage, sliced in coins
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup 2% or part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3-5 sprays of olive oil cooking spray
- Water, as needed
To caramelize the onions: in a non-stick pan, spray the olive oil and heat the pan over medium high heat. Add onions and stir frequently, adding some water as needed for moisture while the onions brown. Continue to stir, browning evenly, adding small amounts of water, until onions are caramelized, 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place Flatout flatbread on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F for two minutes, then remove from the oven. Arrange the mozzarella and blue cheese crumbles on the flatbread evenly, then top with the caramelized onions and slices of turkey sausage. Bake at 375°F for four minutes. Remove flatbread from the oven, and serve immediately.